Sunday, September 6, 2009

Insane Night

My heart is still pumping a thousand miles a minute just thinking about that game last night. BYU beat OU last night and I am in shock. I actually didn't watch the game live unfortunately, but before you freak out I have a very good explanation for it...

Well I had a hot date last night that took me to the Jon Schmidt concert at Thanksgiving Point. My date and I were able to watch the first quarter of the game before we left. We had his uncle record the game for us so that we could watch it right after the concert. We purposely didn't bring our phones to the concert because we didn't want to know who won the game until we got to watch it ourselves. Well we should've guessed that it would be brought up at the concert...hello....3000 people in Utah the night of the big game...we were destined to hear about it. well thanks to good ol' Jon in the middle of the concert he said "Oh hey...by the way who won the BYU game?" and of course everyone started screaming and yelling. My date and I were pretty disappointed that we found out but in all honesty...it made the concert that much better knowing that we weren't going to go home to a lousy, disappointing game. I unfortuntaley missed all the celebrating in Provo after the game but I guess University was absolutely insane. Hats off to the defense who pretty much carried us to the end.

Let me just say the concert was absolutely amazing. Jon is the most incredible performer. Lets just say all the excitement of the concert and the game is not good for the body and I am absolutely exhausted today. Definitely worth the insane night we had.

2 comments:

  1. ok, i'm going to need details of your date. name (First and Last) hair/eye color, height etc. ya know, all the essentials...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, so...funny story. There is another woman whose blog I read, a sister of a friend and she just wrote about how her and her husband were at Thanksgiving point for that exact same concert and how everyone was constantly checking their phones for the score, just thought that was a funny coincidence!

    ReplyDelete