Saturday, August 22, 2009

New Apartment

Well it's that time again to pack up and move into a new apartment. The new apartment meaning the Old, run-down, smelly Riviera. I guess I get what I deserve. It was my bad to sign the contract with out even looking at the apartment first. But some friends wanted to live with me and The Riv was the only place that had a complete open apartment. It's got it's ups and downs.

We'll start with the downs:
-My apartment smells like a million ethnicities mixed together...not my favorite cup of tea.
-None of my roommates have moved in yet so I'm all by my lonesome self.
-The kitchen is literally the size of my wingspan.
-We have absolutely no storage space.
-I have no idea where I'm going to put all my clothes considering my closet is now half the size of my old one. I had barely enough closet space back at Liberty Square and I had an entire box packed up of all my winter clothes. This is going to be a challenge.
-I can't get rid of the fruit flies in the kitchen...
-And my favorite....the kitchen smells like a dead mouse and the smell is coming from the dishwasher. It's absolutely atrocious.

And now for the Ups:
-To be honest, I haven't seen much of the ups yet but I'm trying to think positive so this is stretching it...but...
-The bathroom space is quite large for 6 girls. My old apartment was a little crowded...we made it work but it was snug.
-The living room is pretty big too.
-There are plenty of mirrors...full body mirrors as a matter of fact... The more I think about it, the more I dislike them. Unlike Liberty Square we only had one mirror which you could only see half of your body. You would think something actually looked cute and then when you walk up on campus and see your reflection in a building door, you were in for an unpleasant surprise. Here at the Riv you can see if your outfit actually matches. Or everywhere you walk you can see how much of a hag you look like. It's also a constant reminder of how much you need to work out.

Well people, those are the ups and downs....and to think I'm stuck here for 8 months. The downs definitly out way the ups but it's my own attitude I need to adjust. I just wanted to write this all down for posterities sake...Never live at the Riv.

2 comments:

  1. yeah.........from now, you need to get my approval before signing ANY contract, since I pretty much lived almost everywhere in Provo. (and i know where NOT to live.)

    Maybe your ward will be good! You can always try to sell your contract and move in the winter...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm one of Bre's friends - I've watched her pressure you into this blog. :) But I have a helpful tip for you! I used to be an RA at Heritage Halls. To get rid of the smell in the dishwasher, run it empty, on a short cycle (the hottest setting) but instead of using soap, fill the tray with vinegar. Ours smelled like fish and it totally got rid of the smell. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete