Friday, December 18, 2009

Plenty of Fish in the Sea??

So I've been thinking...we always hear the phrase, "there are plenty of fish in the sea." And Every time I go through a break up, it feels like that is the re-occurring phrase that comes out of my mothers mouth. I do very much agree with you, mom. There really are millions and billions of fish in the sea, but the other day I had to sit and just laugh for a second as I thought about this precious phrase. So yes...there are plenty of fish in the sea...HOWEVER, you have to rule out a few of them if you think realistically. You can't have every fish, let alone even want every fish...what about the weird fish?....the hot-headed fish?...the shy fish?...the whore fish who swims around with all the other whore fish...and don't even get me started on the ugly fish? The ugly fish in itself cut out about half the school of fish...

I think after calculating all the different varieties of fish that I just don't care for, that leaves me with maybe 5% of the fish in the sea that could be a possibility.

I hope none of you take offense to this, but I think we all know I'm right on this one. You will certainly not be attracted to every fish in the sea...I understand that. There's some fish that just aren't your type and that you just don't click with. And yes, believe me, I know that I am still VERY young and I am loving every minute of being single. But eventually I do want to get married...So for you 5% of fish that are out there that COULD be a possibility...I'm holding out for you...I have just yet to find you. For the time being, I'm living up the single life and waiting for that gorgeous fish in my ward who I am VERY much attracted to, to decide that I really am lots of fun to swim with...

1 comment:

  1. why do you think I didn't get married until I was 26?

    ReplyDelete