Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Look on the Bright Side...

Last Monday I got word from my boss that everyone's hours are getting cut to 20 hours a week rather than working a full 40 hours. At first I was really upset about it. I was expecting to make a lot more money the last month of the Summer. Now I only work Monday-Thursday from 7:00-12:00 in the morning. No one likes to hear that they won't be making the money that they were planning on...and as a college student, lots of us live paycheck to paycheck. With school coming up and all the expenses that brings it's definitely a trial of faith. Luckily, I've planned ahead and saved a lot when I was in high school so I'm not taking a huge hit from this like other people are. It still doesn't change the fact that I was hoping to reach a certain goal money wise in my bank account and I won't achieve that since my hours are cut. However, as I started to think about this more, I realized what a blessing in disguise this really was! I have so much more time on my hands! I have been wanting to do so much stuff but just never had time to get it all done! These are all the things I've been doing now!:

*I go to the gym every single day because I'm not as tired at the end of the day!
*I get more vitamin D now than I ever have! (Lots more pool time)
*I've slacked off so much on practicing the piano but now I have time to rebuild that skill
*I can actually do my laundry now
*Last but definitely not least...I'm being so crafty! I've been making tons of headbands and will hopefully be doing a photo shoot with my sister in law Tamara to launch this little business of mine. (pictures will come soon) For all I know, it could fail miserably but how will I ever know if I don't try right?! So everyone support me! We hopefully will be doing this with in the next couple weeks so spread the word and advertise for me :) Also, if you hear of little boutiques or things that I could bring my stuff to please let me know! If worse comes to worse, and I sell absolutely nothing, I've just developed a new talent and can make lots of cute stuff for my girls when I have kids...and as for now I can be making it for my cute little nieces. Let's just hope for the best!

Life is so beautiful! We have trials in our lives but if we look at the positive side of things it makes life so much easier and we really can find joy in the journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment